Friday, November 11, 2011

Sizzlin' September

I'm a little behind in my blogging. And when I say a little, I mean about two months. Turns out its really quite difficult to keep a blog going. But, I want to share my life with you. So, here come September, October, and November, in monthly pieces.

Sizzlin' September.
Not only does this make a great blog name, it's an annual event at Meredith. It's a concert of a currently popular band. This year, we had Tyler Hilton, and Gloriana. Now, growing up in Oklahoma, I'm a huge country music fan, so I was thrilled. The music was great, I made some really great memories with my friends, and I got an autograph. All in all it was a great night!
My sweet big sis, Sarah, and I at the concert.

My friend Catherine and I with our autographs from Tyler Hilton.

Tyler Hilton. He is not too shabby. To listen to some of his music, click here.

Thursdays.
Thursday nights have become one of my favorite nights. Not because I'm in college now, and a participant in "thirsty Thursday", but because it's the night when my entire suite gets a little bit too silly. I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I love my suite. They are the sweetest girls, and they put up with me. I am truly, truly blessed to live with these women. One of my favorite components to Thursday nights would be the pictures we take. You just have to seem some of them for yourself.




Yes, these pictures are super embarrassing, and not really the most attractive. But, when you've got friends like mine, you just have so much fun that you simply cannot help it.

Cru Barn Party.
Since starting college I started going to Cru (otherwise known as Campus Crusade). I really love it. I find it so refreshing to go learn about the Lord in a low key, casual, but still deep environment. My entire life I've been a Sunday and Wednesday night kind of girl. Cru meets on Thursday nights. It's given me a new night to look forward to (on top of the previous section on Thursdays). Cru had a barn party this year, where we dressed up like people who would spend time in a barn, had a barn fire, and had too much fun. We line danced, went on a hayride, painted pumpkins, and had some rather interesting food.
(l-r) Robert, Patrick Alex, Sara, Sara Anne, and Katherine.
Here are my wonderful friends. We went on a hayride through a farm. We waited in line forever, and it felt like the ride lasted an entire 3 minutes. That could just be because we were having so much fun. 

(l-r) Katherine, Alex, Robert, Sara, and Patrick.
Here we are trying some of that interesting food I mentioned. Katherine is eating caramel apples, which she loved. Alex and I are eating fried oreos, which he loved. I'm not too sure what Robert is doing, but I'm sure he was having fun. And Patrick is holding caramel apples. Turns out, Patrick hates caramel, but we wanted him in the picture, so we gave him something to hold. You can see how thrilled he is over said caramel apples.

NCSU vs. GT.
Here's to my first college football game as a college student! It was weird to be one of the "big" kids that I would see around OU's campus. I remember running around in my little Boomer Sooner cheerleading outfit at age 4, looking at all the people that just seemed so grown up. Well, it turns out that people grow up. I am not one of those kids that I used to marvel at. Sara Anne's parents gave us tickets, (Thanks, Mr. and Mrs. Averett!) and we had a ball. We went tailgating with Cru, made friends with Georgia Tech fans, danced outside the student section, and lost the game. WOLF! PACK!
Christine and I at the game! The Tech fans behind us became our friends after I asked them about national football rankings (I had to check on my Sooners!). They wanted to take a picture with us, but I couldn't find it, so this one will have to do. 
I mentioned dancing earlier, so here it is. We were doing the Cha-Cha Slide. This picture makes me really happy. And then Christine hit that man in the face, and it was quite funny. I have such wonderful friends!

Tailgating with Cru before the game. Go Pack!
We ran into the guys tailgating. It was a fun day!

So there it is folks. My September in Raleigh.



2 comments:

  1. I remember that cheerleading outfit. bahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah. and i was looking gooooood. I was even on a poster for the university once.

    ReplyDelete